The doctors have identified some risk factors of vaginal cancer that may turn out to be the cancer in some situations .Here is the list of causes and risk factors of vaginal cancer:
Age: The vaginal cancer is more common in the women over 60 in comparison to other .It is shown in a study that in almost 10 cases of vaginal cancerÂ 7 cases are the women of over 60 ;it means almost 60% of its risk is diverted to older women.
Other medical conditions:
- Some women have pre-cancerous changes in either vagina (vaginal intraepithelial neoplasia – VAIN) or cervix. (Cervical intraepithelial neoplasia – CIN); so if these changes are not properly treated may lead to increase the growth of vaginal cancerous cells in the patient.
- If a woman encountered with Cervical cancer then chances of Vagina cancer boost up.
- The woman who has HIV or AIDS is more likely to be affected by vaginal cancer.
Other factors and causes:
There are some other factors and causes due to which risk of Vaginal cancer in women becomes more significant.
- A woman who has undergone the treatment of womb cancer is likely to develop the cancerous cells of vagina in some cases.
- Smoking is also a cause of this cancer. It is shown in a study that when a women is smoking during pregnancy then this may lead to cancerous cell growth,
- The exposure to DES (diethylstilbestrol), it is a drug prescribed by doctors when a woman has high risk of miscarriage, may become a cause of Vagina cancer.
- A virus named as human papilloma virus (HPV) is also increase the risk of vagina cancer development in a woman.
Filed Under: Vagina Cancer
About the Author: