There is no definite cause of Soft tissue sarcomas however researchers do research to know about some factors that increase the chances of this tumor. If you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know, what is Soft tissue sarcoma? Then first click on the link it will lead you to a page that explain the soft tissue sarcoma in detail
First major cause of soft tissue tumors growth is the external radiation therapy.Ã‚Â It is said that this tumor originates as a side affect of radiation therapy. The patient, who has undergone this therapy as a part of his cancer treatment, has more chances of this cancer development in comparison of general people. One way to limit the risk is to ensure that dose of radiation is delivered only to abnormal tissue while expert must try their best to protect the surrounding tissue as much as possible.
Another possible cause of sarcoma is the exposure to intense or high dose of certain chemicals such as vinyl chloride, arsenic, herbicides etc in working environment. Chronic lymphedema is a condition in which swelling results due to accumulation of fluid in the tissue, if follow by radiation or lymph nodes removal may give birth to abnormal cancerous cells of sarcoma tumor.
Inherited diseases sometimes lead to soft tissue sarcoma. According to study, genetic changes become a cause of this tumor. For example;
- Li-Fraumeni Syndrome; it is a condition of changes in p53 tumor suppressor gene. A patient having this problem may become the victim of any of these cancers i.e. sarcomas, breast cancer, brain cancer and others.
- Basal cell nevus syndrome: this syndrome started due to genetic defect. A person who has this disorder, for him rhabdomyosarcoma or fibrosarcoma risk factors are very common.
- Inherited retinoblastoma: This is very rare form of eye cancer that is originated due to inheritance of a mutated retinoblastoma gene. This syndrome also becomes a probable cause of soft tissue sarcomas in children.
- Neurofibromatosis: This situation occurs as a result of changes in nervous system and due to these changes nerve sheath tumors originates. It is shown in the study that only 1 out of 10 people who suffer from this situation may develops malignant tumors.
- Tuberous Sclerosis: This tumor may cause the occurrence of rhabdomyosarcoma.
- Werner Syndrome: Due to disorder of gene RECQL2 various health problems start including soft tissue sarcomas.
Lastly, HIV infection in human lead to Kaposi sarcoma and the major risk factor or cause of this cancer is Kaposi Sarcoma-associated herpersvirus(KSHV)Ã‚Â or human herpesvirus 8.In rare situation the people who have KSHV give rise to Kaposi sarcoma as usually it results due to HIV.
Filed Under: Soft Tissue Sarcomas
About the Author: